If you’ve just moved to the area and you’re bored in Irving, TX, there are plenty of answers for your problem. Even if it’s not immediately apparent, there’s plenty to do in and around Irving.
Of course, the first thing you should do when moving into your apartment is to buy online Irving, TX Renters Insurance, but you already knew that and no doubt you’ve already taken care of it.
So what else is there to do?
We don’t quite know the history behind the name, but the AirHogs are a minor league baseball team just outside the city in Grand Prairie. They can seat 5,500 people in the $25,000,000 QuikTrip Park, and if you have some extra cash there are even luxury boxes and other high-end options to watch the game.
They play about 100 games a year between May and September, half of them at home. If you’re looking for a cheap date, this might be a great option. Reserved tickets for a game went for just eight bucks in 2015, and seats in the first 8 rows were only twelve dollars. Free parking is available, too.
Golf, Golf, And More Golf
There are five courses inside the city, and a ton more than you can get to with an easy drive. Public courses include the L.B. Houston Municipal Gold Course, Twin Wells, and River Chase. If golf is what you’re after, there are plenty of opportunities here, and even more if you join one of the organizations that maintain courses for the exclusive use of their members.
Free And Cheap Things To Do
Yeah, we knew this was where you were headed. Fortunately, there’s plenty to see and do here in Irving that doesn’t cost a lot of money – or any money in many cases.
- National Scouting Museum
- Irving Arts Center
- Lively Skate Park
- Lonestar Park (horse racing)
- Ripley’s Believe It Or Not! Odditorium
- Grand Prairie Farmers Market
- American Airlines CR Smith Museum
- The Rose Gardens of Farmers Branch
- International Bowling Museum And Hall of Fame
- The Sixth Floor Museum/Texas School Book Depository (For the morbidly curious)
- Dallas World Aquarium
- Go See The Rangers
- Dallas Museum Of Art (370,000 square feet!)
- Louis Tussaud’s Palace of Wax
- Zero Gravity Thrill Amusement Park
- Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament
Not all of these are free, but many are quite affordable. There’s plenty to see and do here, and there’s even a nightlife if you’re into that. Enjoy learning your way around your new home, there’s no reason to be bored in Irving, TX. If you can’t possibly figure out anything at all to do, you could spend a day comparing renters insurance quotes in Irving, we suppose. That would ultimately be wasted effort, though, because you can get the best quote in just sixty seconds, all you have to do is call (800)892-4308 or click to get covered - whether you need Irving renters insurance quotes online or coverage anywhere else!
Effective Coverage offers the nation's only completely mobile platform to quote and purchase renters insurance right from your phone or tablet in just one minute. Get an online renters insurance quote today and protect your family.
What's Your Style?
- Do You Need Coverage ASAP? Check out the fastest way to buy renters insurance online and get covered in just 60 seconds!
- Do You Feel Like Talking About It? Just call Effective Coverage and a renters insurance expert can help you get great coverage in minutes.
- Do You Need Some Time Alone With Your Thoughts? We understand, which is why we created the Texas Guide To Renters Insurance.
- Just Want To Watch A Movie Together? See our video guide below.