Many people who are moving to California wonder if they’ll be able to afford it. We’ve got some tips for how to live in Irvine without breaking the budget. Don’t forget to start your Irvine, CA Renters Insurance policy, because if money is tight you don’t want to have to pay for a loss out of pocket. How else can you afford living in Irvine, CA? Find out below.
Rent Is Expensive In Irvine, But It Doesn’t Have To Be
There are some lovely apartment communities in Irvine, many of them new construction. That’s the good news. The bad news, of course, is that they’re really, really expensive. So here are some tips for saving on rent. (Let’s assume you don’t want a roommate, which is the obvious one).
- If you like it, lease it. Leasing agents are often empowered to offer discounts, incentives, and other perks to get you to lease an apartment the first time you visit a complex. Make sure you ask for those discounts! If you’re moving in 45+ days out, you’ll be offered an apartment that’s currently occupied but where the resident has given notice. Discounts are hard to come by on those units, so be ready to rock and roll when you tour the community.
- Do you really need new construction? These are inevitably the most expensive. A two year old community next door is likely losing residents to the new construction community, and is still in great shape and an address you’re proud to have. They’re also more likely to offer discounts on rent because people are moving from there into the newer apartments. They’re likely to have higher availability for the same reason.
- What are the true costs? Are some utilities included? Is there a fee if you want a satellite dish or a pet? Make sure you find out what your total monthly outlay will be, as fees can drive this up dramatically.
- Are you getting the best deal on your health insurance? This can be a major expense for many families. Is one spouse’s work plan cheaper? Can you get subsidies? Reviewing this has saved many families $1,000 a month or more.
- Are you getting the best deal on your auto insurance? California car insurance is expensive. Living in Irvine, it’s even more expensive. Make sure to explore the best deals, including Irvine auto and renters insurance bundles from Effective Coverage.
- It’s the little things. A thermos, a year’s supply of coffee, and a coffeemaker will cost you fifty bucks. Fifty bucks is a week’s worth of Starbucks. That saves you $2,550 a year. If your coffee just has to be perfect, there are plenty of similar situations. Lunch at work is another big one.
You can afford to live in Irvine on a budget. Another way you can save money is with affordable Irvine renters insurance. Just call (800)892-4308 or click to get covered - whether you need Irvine renters insurance quotes online or coverage anywhere else!
Effective Coverage offers the nation's only completely mobile platform to quote and purchase renters insurance right from your phone or tablet in just one minute. Get an online renters insurance quote today and protect your family.
What's Your Style?
- Do You Need Coverage ASAP? Check out the fastest way to buy renters insurance online and get covered in just 60 seconds!
- Do You Feel Like Talking About It? Just call Effective Coverage and a renters insurance expert can help you get great coverage in minutes.
- Do You Need Some Time Alone With Your Thoughts? We understand, which is why we created the California Guide To Renters Insurance.
- Just Want To Watch A Movie Together? See our video guide below.