Renters insurance in California averages a bit higher than the rest of the country, because credit can’t be used as a rating factor. The good news is, “a bit higher” is not a substantial amount of money. $216 a year is an affordable number, especially broken up into payments. You’ll be able to afford the coverage, which is fortunate, because the average cost of not having San Jose renters insurance is rather higher.
- Cost of replacing property after a fire: $18,423
- Cost of a hotel while moving after a fire: $500
- Cost of repairs to the apartment necessary because of your fire: $40,491
- Cost of replacing electronics after a theft $5,832
Even if you amortize those out over a lifetime, it’s still drastically cheaper to have San Jose renters insurance than to not have it. If you have kids, those costs of not being covered go up drastically, because kids have a ton of stuff. Are you going to fall victim to a fire or a theft? Statistically, yes!
There were 5,167 burglaries in 2014 in San Jose and 11,850 larcenies. That puts you at grave risk to be a victim yourself. Arsons are on the rise across California, as are apartment fires in general. The chances of you not being a victim are quite low. For about $18 a month, you can protect yourself against these risks, along with others.
San Jose renters insurance will also protect you from liability. Just because someone says you caused their injury doesn’t mean that you did, but you’ll need a lawyer to prove otherwise. Lawyers are expensive. Fortunately, your San Jose Renters Insurance pays for the cost of defending you against a claim or suit that the policy would pay for.
Or maybe you did cause injury, but not one as serious as they claim. An “oops” in the hallway when you’re coming home that results in a neighbor falling can quickly go from “Oh, I’m sorry!” to “My hip is broken and I have PTSD!” Do you want to pay to defend against that? Of course not, no one does. Instead, you tender the claim to your renters insurance and they defend or settle as appropriate.
The whole process is mostly transparent to you, but what it amounts to is that your $18 a month or so is money you’re paying to make problems go away. They’ll pay the damages. They’ll defend you against it. All you have to do is let them know there’s a potential claim and answer the questions they ask. Your California Renters Insurance will do the rest.
It’s easy to get covered, too. It takes about sixty seconds online. Just call (800)892-4308 or click to get covered - whether you need San Jose renters insurance quotes online or coverage anywhere else!
Effective Coverage offers the nation's only completely mobile platform to quote and purchase renters insurance right from your phone or tablet in just one minute. Get an online renters insurance quote today and protect your family.
What's Your Style?
- Do You Need Coverage ASAP? Check out the fastest way to buy renters insurance online and get covered in just 60 seconds!
- Do You Feel Like Talking About It? Just call Effective Coverage and a renters insurance expert can help you get great coverage in minutes.
- Do You Need Some Time Alone With Your Thoughts? We understand, which is why we created the California Guide To Renters Insurance.
- Just Want To Watch A Movie Together? See our video guide below.