Our Software Engineers support critical business logic across a suite of robust services and scalable data processing jobs.
We focus on modularity and reuse where it makes sense, while ensuring that there are no constraints to delivering world-class software continuously.
The Senior Software Engineer is a technology-focused role for a hands-on coder who will have a broad impact on the team and the engineering department. It is not a manager or a team lead role. Strong communication skills, adaptability, and a collaborative mindset are key attributes we are looking for in a candidate.
Effective Coverage partners with the nation’s largest operators and insurers of single- and multi-family apartment portfolios and manages their renters’ insurance compliance programs. Baldwin Risk Partners is our parent company. These two brands work together to meet the needs of residents and real estate owners and operators who have a vested interest in minimizing the risk of resident-caused claims.
The uniqueness of our team is driven by our group’s diversity. We each bring our own story which creates a very special environment for creativity, fun, strategy, and success.
About the Technology Team:
The DevOps team is an automation first cloud-based infrastructure team. Our goals include maximizing developer productivity through fine-tuned, scalable infrastructure and robust systems monitoring. We promote a highly collaborative atmosphere both within our team as well as across the other teams within Effective Coverage. We believe continuous learning is the key to success.
- Develop features for compliance management platform on a small Agile team.
- Consistently and frequently deliver solutions that are well-engineered, maintainable, and tested within the agreed-upon timeframe.
- Participate in code reviews and sprint planning, help identify opportunities, work through challenges and share knowledge with colleagues.
- Collaborate with the product team to understand business requirements.
- Mentor and guide other software engineers.
- Support critical business logic across a suite of robust services and scalable data processing jobs.
- Redesign and develop user-focused creative concepts and themes for our two websites in WordPress
- Redesign the user interface of our CRM for internal and external partners
- Optimize SEO and functionality that adheres to common web standards, compatible across major browsers
- Develop site architecture and wireframes
- Assist with ongoing website changes
- Analyze, test, troubleshoot, and review website performance, coding, and other issues.
- Stay updated on current and new web-based technologies, browsers, and mobile platforms
- Develop sites with current security standards, and keep up to date with website security issues and patches
- Strong communication skills, adaptability, and a collaborative mindset
- 5+ years of experience as an engineer with dynamic and/or compiled programming languages
- Very strong proficiency with relational databases, including modeling and performance optimization (we use MySQL and PostgreSQL, Aurora)
- SaaS models and cloud services preferably AWS
- Believer in Lean and Agile values and principles for building software
- Strong attention to detail and quality
- Work with APIs
- Comfortable working with engineers that are remote as well as from the local office
- 5+ years of professional experience in front-end web development or related industry
- Strong portfolio of work including examples of mobile web, desktop and app experiences
- Strong understanding of user-centered design processes and a passion for addressing real user needs
- Ability to communicate user needs (e.g. storytelling, leveraging data) and demonstrate how proposed designs solve those needs to internal team and senior partners
- Experience working from User Interface concept to completion
- Comfortable working with multiple teams and on multiple projects at any given time
- Competitive compensation; Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, and 401K and many other benefits
- A great atmosphere with a positive workplace culture
- Flexible PTO and Time Off
- Opportunities for paid training, mentorship, and coaching from leadership
- Inclusive workplace culture
Please apply for this position here
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Effective Coverage is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time