Edison, NJ renters insurance is not difficult to find. But, it’s important to get the right policy from the right provider to meet your needs. Effective Coverage offers New Jersey Renters Insurance, as well as coverage nationwide. Here are a few helpful tips to get the right coverage.
Price Matters, But Less Than You Think!
Edison, NJ renters insurance is not expensive. A basic renters insurance policy with $15,000 of personal property and $100,000 of liability, as well as $1,000 of medical payments to others and $4,500 of additional living expense coverage might cost around $125-$150 a year for most people. Did you know that many carriers have what’s called a “minimum premium?” It’s the cost of selling and servicing a policy for twelve months, and these providers don’t sell any policy below that price. Effective Coverage knows who has minimum premiums, who’s the cheapest renters insurance in New Jersey, and how to write the policy while taking into account your unique risk profile.
Edison, NJ Renters Insurance May Include Coverage For Other Residents
Your renters insurance policy in New Jersey will generally include policy language defining the “insured” as encompassing the insured, resident spouse, and resident relatives. Why does this matter? Many apartment communities want to know that the policy will cover everyone living in the household. If that language is present in your policy, you don’t need to pay to endorse related roommates onto renters insurance. This could save you a few dollars, but more importantly it gives you peace of mind when you know everyone in the household is covered.
Edison, NJ Fast Facts
- Edison was named a Top 30 Most Livable City In America by CNN Money Magazine in 2006.
- Edison is one of “America’s 10 Best Places To Grow Up,” as edited by US News and World Report.
- Edison was actually named Nixon until 1954, after local luminary Lewis Nixon. Mr. Nixon’s factory exploded catastrophically in 1924, killing 20 and burning several square miles of the township to the ground. For understandable reasons, the town voted to change its name to Edison in 1954.
- Edison, NJ is in fact, named after Thomas Edison.
- Edison is the fifth most populated municipality in New Jersey.
- Slightly less than one square mile (.698m²) of the township is water
- I-287, the Garden State Parkway, US 1, and other major roads are easily accessible.
- With only 100,000 people, Edison is one of the few places outside of major cities like New York and Chicago to be served by three separate area codes for such a relatively small land area (732, 908, and 848)
- The 2011 mean price across all housing units was $418,076. The mean price for mobile homes was $94,837. The median gross rent was $1,212. Edison is one of the few places in America where renting usually makes more fiscal sense than purchasing a home.
Speaking of things that make good fiscal sense, make sure to set up your Edison, NJ renters insurance policy before you move in! Call Effective Coverage at (800)892-4308 for a quick, efficient, policy that will make sure to take your unique risks into account. You can even click above for an Edison renters insurance quote online!
Effective Coverage proudly provides New Jersey Renters Insurance across the state, serving you with extensive experience in the insurance needs of renter across the state.